Since everyone loves not having to look at tbpl, I'd like to point out some basic hints to make mozilla-inbound sheriffs happier. For any questions, or if you need help with the trees, ask to a sheriff in #developers IRC channel.
- Note pushed changesets in a new bug comment.
- Otherwise sheriffs can't know you pushed N patches and M follow-ups.
- So they can find your bug even if it has a wrong commit message.
- Set the bug's assignee, even if you're just pushing the patch.
- Set the target milestone to current mozilla-central (Nightly) version.
- Do not add [inbound] to the whiteboard.
- This was required time ago, but it's no more. Really!
- When backing out something, always note the backout in a new bug comment.
- If the bug should stay open on merge, just add [leave open] to the whiteboard.
- You don't need to write an essay in the whiteboard.
- One day the merging process will be automated, stick to a standard!
- If the tree looks bad notify a sheriff or send a heads-up in #developers.
- Do not push no-bug patches, unless they are 101% safe.
- No-bug is basically good only for whitespace/newline/comment fixes.
- There is no way for the sheriff to annotate the backout or the merge.
- Bugs are cheap.
Finally, thank you for all the appreciations that are daily sent to the sheriffs for their hard job, and all the help in monitoring, starring and backouts.